The Cooperative’s Competitive Solicitation Process has been developed in response to the specific state and federal regulations many public institution members are facing with regard to compliance. The RFP process has been validated by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) as meeting generally accepted governmental procurement standards nationwide.
Goals and objectives of the program include:
- Utilization of higher education collective purchasing power to lower total-cost of ownership, improve value and raise standards of service
- The establishment of National Education Pricing for all member institutions
- The expansion of the Cooperative’s contract portfolio
- Meeting competitive RFP procedures required by public institutions
- The development of suppliers in their expertise in a broad range of commodities
The E&I Senior Vice President of Contracts oversees the Competitive RFP Process, and is responsible for appointing the RFP team members.
Once the RFP is released and the proposals are submitted, the E&I Contracts Department collaborates with the RFP Team. E&I awards agreement(s) to the supplier(s) that provide the best overall value to E&I and its members. The agreements are then rolled out to the E&I membership.
Check out our RFP Process Overview for more detailed information on the Cooperative’s RFP Process.
Back to top