Competitive Solicitation Process
E&I’s Competitive RFP Process strengthens member purchasing power by tapping the experience and expertise of many of the best procurement experts in the country.
Members across the country have worked together to develop our competitve process, ensuring an outstanding program that strives to meet both public and individual institution diversity and compliance requirements.
More than just upfront pricing discounts, this program has real time saving benefits. You don’t have to conduct the RFP process because we do it for you. This means your staff has more time to focus on other strategic issues.
Watch: Cooperative Members Discuss the Competitive Solicitation Process
How it Works – RFP Process Overview
- E&I’s Senior Vice President of Contracts or designee appoints product /service experts within the E&I organization and Membership to participate in the RFP development and evaluation process.
- Regular meetings/conference calls are held between the E&I Contracts Department and the RFP Team to identify RFP content, technical specifications, evaluation criteria, and potential suppliers.
- The RFP clearly states description of products and/or services, evaluation factors, delivery schedule and terms and conditions.
Issuing & Advertising
- The RFP is issued for a minimum of 30 days to potential suppliers identified by the RFP Team and E&I’s Contracts Department.
- E&I provides members with an electronic link to the solicitation and members are requested to advertise by the prescribed methods within each state and by member policy.
- The RFP is posted to the E&I website with the closing time and date.
- A pre-proposal conference, if required, is held approximately 14 days after the release of the RFP.
- Any amendments made to the RFP clearly state what has changed. Sufficient time is allowed for participants to respond to the amendments.
- Participant proposals may be modified or withdrawn at any time prior to the closing of the RFP.
- Receipt of submitted proposals is chronicled.
Evaluation & Award
- Proposals are evaluated in accordance with the RFP evaluation criteria.
- Award is posted to the E&I website.
- Notifications of award are sent by E&I to all members and RFP respondents.