E&I and APPA – Facilitating Cost Savings Together
E&I Cooperative Services and APPA have proudly teamed up to make it easier than ever for APPA members to purchase goods and services at an incredible value. As the list of cost-containment challenges on campus continues to grow, you’ve got to work even harder to ensure your facilities are safe, sustainable, well-maintained, and cost-efficient.
We’re here to help you get the most out of your facilities-related purchases. Want to know how? Keep reading!
Your Time is Precious – And We Know It!
There’s no need for you to conduct an RFP when we’ve already got it covered. By eliminating the time spent on these labor intensive tasks, your staff resources can be reallocated to focus on more strategic projects that help advance your institution’s mission – including things like process improvement, supply chain optimization, etc.
E&I members also experience an average savings of 10-15% using our contracts, which equals up to $1.3B savings potential – that’s huge!
- Architect/Engineer – 9%
- Maintenance & Facilities – 14%
- Construction – 61%
- Facilities & Physical Plan $60.7B
If that doesn’t convince you, read all about our diverse portfolio of competitively awarded contracts below.
Extensive E&I Contract Portfolio
Take advantage of significant savings available through our contract portfolio of more than 100 best-in-class suppliers, including a robust portfolio of facilities related contracts to help address your needs on campus. Our suppliers understand education and are committed to meeting your specialized needs and delivery requirements.
To learn more about how you can begin saving with these cost saving contracts, please contact your E&I Member Relations Executive.
Check out our current and upcoming solicitations.
A Customized Team Focused on You
In a collaborative effort to help members save time and money, APPA and E&I have created a Facilities Strategy Team. The primary focus of the Facilities Strategy Team is to assist in strengthening existing and future facilities contracts. Each of these contracts has been created specifically for education with direct input from the team, which includes both procurement and facilities professionals from our membership.
Goals and Objectives
- Assist education in addressing economic realities by providing low-cost contract options
- Strengthen existing facilities contract opportunities within the E&I portfolio
- Create new facilities contract opportunities
- Strengthen facilities contracts through the inclusion of facilities professionals in the identification of contract requirements
- Create a partnership between APPA and E&I to better inform respective members of contractual opportunities
- Identify and inform the education community of cost savings as a result of new facilities contracts
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review existing facilities contract portfolio
- Lay framework by setting focus and scope
- Identify and analyze existing spend data
- Identify needs for new contracts
- Identify target list of suppliers and opportunities
- Develop strategy recommendations
- Develop new contract project milestones
If you are interested in learning more about participating on the Facilities Strategy Team, or if you’re willing to lend your expertise to an upcoming RFP solicitation team, please contact Saul Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s Easy to Become a Member…and It’s Free
Your institution is probably already an E&I member, and if so, you are authorized to begin using E&I contracts. If you’re not sure, just check out the member locator to see if your institution is listed.
If your institution is not already a member of E&I Cooperative, you can join now.
There are two types of membership available:
E&I Voting Member
- Non-profit degree granting higher education college/university
- Non-profit private/public K-12 charter/individual school/school district
- Non-profit technical school
- Non-profit vocational school and non-profit teaching hospital affiliated with a college/university within the United States
Voting membership in the Cooperative is available for a one-time fee of $5 (cost covers one share of E&I stock).
E&I Contract Patron
- For-profit degree granting higher education college/university
- For-profit private/public K-12 charter/individual school/school district
- For-profit technical school, for-profit vocational school, preparatory school
- Other non-profit, tax exempt organizations, such as hospitals, healthcare related organizations, religious organizations, libraries, museums, foundations and others with a community of interest within the United States
Membership is free.
For additional information, please contact E&I’s Membership Department at email@example.com.