Resources for Educational Institutions
With the global spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), it’s more important than ever for educational institutions to take precautionary measures to prevent and/or respond to the virus on campus.
We’ve gathered these resources to help our members stay updated about COVID-19 news by providing resources from our business partners and government agencies.
Learn About Coronavirus & Get the Latest News
- About COVID-19: How it spreads, symptoms, prevention & treatment
- Higher Risk & Special Populations: Who is at risk & how you can prepare
- Situation Summary: Background, risk assessment & current situation in the U.S.
- The Centers for Disease Control: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for U.S. Community Facilities with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease
- The Centers for Disease Control: Guidance for Schools and Child Care Programs
Visit the World Health Organization’s website for daily updates on COVID-19, as well as guidance and resources as developments are made.
VIDEO: Coronavirus In Context – U.S. Surgeon General Outlines What We Can Do to Control Spread
VIDEO: Amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic – Governor Cuomo and Mayor Mike Bloomberg Launch Nation-Leading COVID-19 Contact Tracing Program to Control Infection Rate
Get localized updates from your state’s dedicated health department here.
Additional Coronavirus Resources are Available at:
- Aljazeera Coronavirus: Travel restrictions, border shutdowns by country
- Amazing Education Resources: Education companies offering FREE subscriptions due to school closings
- Axios Coronavirus Dashboard
- CARES Act Information: Emergency Relief for Higher Education Students
- Children’s National: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Coronavirus.gov: How to prepare and protect yourself and what to do if you think you are sick
- eSchool+ Initiative: Johns Hopkins University
- Federal Student Aid (FSA): Coronavirus Information for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): Informational resources, a presentation, and a webinar recording on virtual learning and FERPA.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under Section 18004 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- FEMA: Coronavirus Rumor Control
- FEMA Fact sheet: Procurement Conducted Under Exigent or Emergency Circumstances
- Government Response to Coronavirus
- Health Action Council (via E&I’s partnership with SourceRx) – Employer Guidance on Virus & Bacterial Infections
- Henry Schein Coronavirus Resource Center
- International SOS: Global Travel Restrictions, Flight Operations and Screening
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation: COVID-19 resources
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- Live Science: Coronavirus resources: US state and local health departments
- NPR: Coronavirus Live Updates
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Burn Rate Calculator: Determine your individual “Burn Rate” of PPE products
- The Education Trust: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (S. 3548) Education Fact Sheet
- The Office of Postsecondary Education: updated Guidance for interruptions of study related to Coronavirus, & FAQs
- U.S. Department of Education: COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- WebMD Health News: Coronavirus Updates
- Worldometers Coronavirus Cases