Navigating the Next Normal for Education
The new reality for educational institutions continues to evolve as the COVID-19 pandemic reshapes much of what was once considered normal. In an effort to help our members tackle upcoming and ongoing challenges, E&I is hosting a series of webinars surrounding the topics most important to education.
Click the links below each webinar to register or watch the recordings of previously hosted events.
Reopening Higher Education During a Pandemic: Plans for Success and Sustainability
When: Wednesday, September 9 @ 2-3 PM (EDT)
Presented by: D2L, Erskine Theological Seminary & Erskine College, Bryan College, & Spartanburg Methodist College
Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
Higher education institutions have faced numerous challenges heading into the fall semester due to the impact of COVID-19. Institutions are pressed to deliver online instruction with high urgency but low resource availability. These shortfalls, plus time pressure, are adding stress to faculty, students, staff, and administrators, leaving programs open to major risks for this school year and beyond.
Join usfor a webinar that explores how three higher education institutions are addressing the needs of their students, faculty, and staff this semester, and the various roles technology plays in sustaining learner and institutional success.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Plans our panelists’ institutions have implemented to support teaching and learning for the fall semester
- How those plans were selected and approved
- The role technology plays in supporting teaching and learning
- Recommendations for peer institutions
Michael Mast, Business Development Manager, Technology, E&I Cooperative Services
Dr. Christopher Sessums, Director, Academic Affairs, D2L
Nathan Turner, Director of Erskine Online, Erskine Theological Seminary and Erskine College
Mandi Sullivan, Director of Academic Programs, Bryan College
Trey Arrington, VP for Operations, Spartanburg Methodist College
Who Should Participate?
CIOs, Provosts, Deans, Directors of Academic Technology, Instructional Designers, IT Staff, Procurement
The Path to Traveling Again: Re-entry Guide for University Travel
Wednesday: Wednesday, August 12 @ 2-3 PM (ET)
Presented by: Corporate Travel Planners, Enterprise, SAP Concur | Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed what travel will look like in the education community. As institutions construct and implement reopening strategies, travel policies and procedures will need to be adjusted for the new normal.
Join us for this webinar as experts from Corporate Travel Planners, Enterprise and SAP Concur discuss what educational institutions should consider when reimplementing travel for students and faculty.
Key Topics Include:
- Ensuring traveler well-being
- Asset recovery
- Policy management
- Supplier support
- Risk mitigation
- Effective communication
- Melissa Guenther, Vice President of Sales, Corporate Travel Planners
- Morgan Hoyt, Vice President of Business Development, Corporate Travel Planners
- Jason Moore, Strategic Sales Manager – Public Sector GPO & Private Equity Sales, Enterprise
- Tony Denardo, Principal Solutions Consultant, Higher Education, SAP Concur
Reopening Safely Using a Data-Driven Testing Model
Wednesday: Wednesday, August 5 @ 2-3 PM (ET)
Presented by: Meenta, Inc. | Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
With no immediate end in sight for this pandemic, the challenges of testing for continue to mount. But what if you had access to an online platform for finding and ordering COVID-19 test kits across multiple FDA/EUA labs, as well as a variety of sample collection kits on demand?
Join us for this webinar as Meenta, E&I’s new supplier, discusses their data-driven testing model that allows testing of a fraction of your staff, faculty, and students for a fraction of the cost. The platform is enabled through a HIPAA-compliant portal that also provides a dashboard for ongoing incident monitoring and reporting.
- Challenges of implementing a safe return-to-work program
- A streamlined testing program
- Contrasting traditional vs. data-driven testing models
- What is a distributed testing platform?
- Use case for university base testing
- Meenta in a Box (MIBA): PPE, testing kits, and barcodes for onsite testing
- Gabor Bethlendy, CEO and Founder, Meenta, Inc.
- Allison Levy, Director of Business Development, Meenta, Inc.
Solutions for Healthy & Safe Environments in Educational Institutions
Wednesday: July 22 @ 2 – 3 PM (ET)
Presented by: Staples | Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
When re-opening your school, how can you help ensure a healthy, safe environment for students, staff, and visitors?
Join us for this informational webinar featuring experts from Staples with decades of experience in janitorial, sanitary, maintenance, and promotional solutions. You’ll learn best practices for preparing for a safe return to the educational environment. We will also share solutions around school signage, welcome back kits, cleaning strategies, and new technology to keep spaces clean and people healthy.
Discussion topics include:
- New cleaning expectations and guidelines
- Effectively treating/sanitizing surfaces
- Promoting and maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Examples and next steps
- Staci Crevier, Regional Sales Director, Staples Promotional Products
- Julie Suttles, AVP Business Development, Staples Promotional Products
- Carlos Cañas, I.C.E., Facilities Solutions Senior Technical Trainer, Staples
Strategic Partnerships During the Pandemic Drive Cost Savings in Higher Education
When: Wednesday, July 8 @ 2PM (EDT)
Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
Presented by: University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Technology is one of the most significant and costly areas of operations in higher education today. Now, more than ever, strong partnerships between technology and procurement are critical to the financial health and stability of an educational institution.
Join us for this webinar featuring two top leaders from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), who will provide insights on how the close partnership between technology and procurement has helped their institution before and during COVID-19. Plus, learn why UMBC views these partnerships as critical to the strategic success of higher education—now and into the future.
Discussion Topics Include:
- The challenges that triggered the partnership between these two leaders and their departments
- How the current pandemic underscored the need for IT and procurement to work together
- The areas in education technology that are most critical to the partnership and why
- How strategic sourcing assists technology leaders in saving time and money—especially during crisis events such as the current pandemic
- Pain points that may cause breakdowns in IT and procurement collaboration—and what leaders can do to prevent these pain points and breakdowns from occurring
Taking Control of Building Health
When: Wednesday, July 1 @ 2-3 PM (ET)
Presented by: Pure Air Control Services & Carrier Enterprise
As educational institutions are preparing to reopen, there has been significant emphasis rightly placed on more frequent custodial cleaning. But it’s also important to take indoor environmental quality (IEQ) into consideration.
Join us for a discussion on the best practices of risk management, planning, and optimization of indoor environments. We will deep dive into a holistic approach to building cleanliness that outlines underlying conditions, systems, and methods that contribute to occupant well-being. Plus, learn how in-house HVAC maintenance improves indoor air quality (IAQ) and the industry solutions available to school facility teams.
- How indoor contaminants are spread
- The anatomy of indoor environmental quality (IEQ)
- Developing an optimal management plan
- Identifying and correcting IEQ problems
- HVAC filter requirements, UV lighting, and ionization solutions
- The importance of HVAC coil cleaning
- COVID-19 environmental surface testing
- Troy Raszka, Vice President, Marketing, Pure Air Control Services
- Rob Gallant, General Manager, Carrier Enterprise
Beyond Shipping: How UPS Can Help You Safely Reopen Your Campus
When: Wednesday, June 24 @ 2-3 PM (EDT)
Sponsored by: E&I Cooperative Services
Planning for reopening campuses in the fall will require concerted efforts not only before students arrive, but also ongoing throughout the year. UPS has the resources available to help E&I members prepare for, and maintain, a safe reopening.
Join us and gain insight on the full scope of support options available through the E&I UPS contract, including COVID-19 testing solutions, efficient moving of supplies and materials, and availability of discounted service options throughout UPS’s network of over 5,000 UPS Store sites nationwide. Plus, learn how UPS can help you maintain a flexible supply chain posture in the event of future disruptions.
- COVID-19 testing options, prior to and after reopening
- Strategies for moving books, supplies, and personal effects
- Leveraging convenient locations and discounted service offerings at the UPS Store
- Expense reduction opportunities
- Being prepared in the event of future disruptions
Rise to the Challenge with Dr. Alan Hedge | Adapting and designing for the new normal
When: Wednesday, June 10 @ 2:00 – 3:30 PM (EDT)
Hosted by: Humanscale
Coming soon: a recording of this webinar will be available for purchase through Humanscale. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will include both pre-recorded and live portions. We will first share a previous presentation conducted by Dr. Alan Hedge, an expert in ergonomics and indoor environmental quality. Dr. Hedge discusses the COVID-19 virus, including the latest scientific findings and potential impact it will have on the physical space in offices and educational environments. The recording will be followed by a brief presentation by Humanscale expanding on what the new normal workspace might look like and the products, both new and retrofit, that can help you achieve this. The session will end with a live Q&A.
- Dr. Alan Hedge, Professor Emeritus, PhD, CPE, C.Erg.HF
- Pat McDonald, Sr Director of Learning and Development, Humanscale
Living & Learning with COVID-19 | Recovery for the new reality
Conducted on: Wednesday, June 3 @ 2:00 – 3:00 PM (EDT)
Safety is not just the responsibility of the person with safety in their title. The more people within your organization who are invested in overall safety, the more advanced your university will be in its practices. Well-trained frontline leaders are an invaluable asset, especially now as institutions prepare for reopening and for faculty and students to return.
Join us for this panel discussion to learn more about what will have the biggest impact on daily campus operations, barrier solutions, housing, athletics, residential life, and medical centers.
- Terry Tumbarello, Director of Residence Life, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Travis Kruse, Senior Director, Safety Strategy & Solutions, Grainger Industrial Supply
- Bradley Roberts, Director EH&S, Grainger Industrial Supply
- Kirk Kaiser, Owner, Barrier Compliance
- Kirk Phillips, HS&E Practice Coordinator, LJB Incorporated
- Andrea Hamby, Senior National Government Sales Manager, Grainger Industrial Supply