The E&I Board of Directors has welcomed some new faces with the appointment of two new members: Ron Moraski, Director of Procurement Services at Renssalear Polytechnic Institute, and Dr. Judy Mitchell, President of Joliet Junior College.
These appointments are in response to the retirement of Mary Dukakis, Associate VP for Administration and Strategic Sourcing at Southern New Hampshire University, and Amir Dabirian, VP of Information Technology at California State University, Fullerton. Amir will remain on as the newly appointed Advisor to the Board for Technology. We are pleased to also share that Barry Swanson, Chief Procurement Officer at the University of Kentucky, has been appointed First Vice President.
We’re confident these talented individuals will apply their vast knowledge and expertise to provide guidance and oversight to the operations of the Cooperative, helping E&I continue to exceed the expectations of our members.
Meet Our New Appointees
Ron Moraski, Director, Procurement Services, Renssalear Polytechnic Institute
- 20 years of professional experience in supply chain management spans
- Current responsibilities at RPI include: overseeing the Institute’s procurement services, budget planning, strategic sourcing, systems and analytics, and stockroom administration
- Serves as a Confidential Title IX Student Advisor on campus
- Leads RPI’s annual fundraising efforts for the American Heart Association
Dr. Judy L. Mitchell, President, Joliet Junior College
- Previously held positions as Interim President, Director of Business and Auxiliary Services and Program Management Specialist in Adult and Family Services
- Successfully guided college’s budgeting through a state-wide financial crisis
- Reduced college’s operation costs by over $2 million in four years
- Lead a plan to garner $5.4 million in grants to offset operational costs in 2015
Amir Dabirian, Vice President, Information Technology, California State University
- 26 years of information technology experience
- Previously served as Assistant Vice Chancellor of ITS for California State University
- Spearheads strategic planning, program development, and coordination for all aspects of campus IT
- Lead design and implementation of University portals, network, security, and server upgrades, and successfully completed the University’s first Information Security Audit
- Implemented the Office of Information Security, Information and Learning Commons, Learning Management System, and Emergency Notification System on campus
Barry Swanson, Chief Procurement Officer, University of Kentucky
- Held several administrative roles focused on purchasing and procurement in education, government, and private sectors
- Previously served as Associate Vice Provost for Campus Operations/Chief Procurement Officer, Director of Purchasing, and Associate Comptroller for University of Kansas
- Served as the District V Representative on the NAEP Board of Directors and as co-president of the NAEP Great Plains region
For full biographies on each of these individuals, or to learn more about our Board of Directors, please click here.