E&I is committed to developing a world class Supplier Diversity Program which reflects the growing diversity commitments of our member institutions and the multicultural communities in which they serve.
Our Supplier Diversity Program focuses on the following diverse supplier classifications:
- MBE – Minority Business Enterprise
- WBE – Women Business Enterprise
- DOBE – Disabled-Owned Business Enterprise
- VBE – Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- SDVOB – Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business
- SBE – Small Business Enterprise
- SDB – Small Disadvantaged Business
- WOSB – Women-Owned Small Business
We recognize the importance of diverse suppliers and are committed to ensuring that supplier diversity is an integral part of our values and procurement processes. As such, we have partnered with the following diverse suppliers to provide services to E&I members:
Arrow Payments provides the expertise your institution needs to manage existing payment systems. These services include the ability to evaluate and audit the current state of systems, set up merchant accounts, procure and install equipment, integrate payments, and achieve PCI compliance. Their suite of services allows for visibility into payments systems to optimize efficiency, security, and profitability for your institution.
- Certified Diverse Supplier: nationally certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women Business Enterprise National Conference (expiration date: 10.28.22)
Complete Book & Media Supply provides the largest offering of online publications in the world specifically for the academic, technical, scientific, and corporate markets. E&I’s competitively solicited Complete Book & Media Supply contract grants full access to their complete catalog of publications – over eighteen million books, subscriptions, and media titles.
- Certified Diverse Supplier: nationally certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council, a regional affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (expiration date: 4.16.23)
- Certified MBE with the state of New York
- Certified Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) with the state of Texas (expiration date: 4.13.24)
eShipGlobal is a web-based shipping solutions provider that offers seamless access to shipping and freight management across campuses. The E&I eShipGlobal contract delivers a turnkey multi-carrier solution that is deployable across multiple departments. This solution helps users manage inbound and outbound shipments, enhance export and hazmat shipping compliance, and automate billing, audit, and invoicing processes.
- Certified Diverse Supplier: nationally certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council, a regional affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (expiration date: 10.31.22)
- Certified Diverse Supplier: Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) by the state of Texas (expiration date: 8.10.25)
HPC International helps organizations drive innovation through technology, achieve savings on professional education, and produce evidence-based research for academic and healthcare institutions. E&I members benefit from better management and control of typically decentralized purchases and expenses related to educational professional development, including subscriptions, conferences, and continuing education.
- Certified Diverse Supplier: nationally certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council, a regional affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (expiration date: 2.28.23)
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) with the state of Texas (expiration date: 4.13.24)
Kennedy & Company provides consulting services designed to help institutions thrive. Focused exclusively on higher education, Kennedy & Company brings E&I members a unique perspective on challenges and opportunities specific to education.
- Certified Diverse Supplier: certified Small-, Women-, and Minority-Owned (SWAM) business by the state of Virginia Department of Small Business and is listed in the SWAM Vendor Directory (expiration date: 8.6.23)
We look forward to identifying new diverse supplier candidates to meet the growing needs of our member institutions across the country. For questions regarding our commitment to diversity supplier inclusion in our contracting process, please contact:
Executive Director, Supplier Diversity