|RFP or Project Number - Name:
EI00080~2021RFP - IPv4 Brokering Services
|Contract Effective Dates:
02/01/2022 - 01/31/2027
Hilco Streambank is a market-leading broker for sales and purchases of IP Version 4 (IPv4) address blocks around the globe. IP addresses identify devices and enable them to communicate with each other over the internet and on other networks. Every internet-connected device has an IP address, and IPv4 is the most widely used version to route internet traffic today. Let Hilco be the single point of contact for all of your IPv4 address needs, with premium consulting services at no extra cost.
Many educational institutions only use a small fraction of the IPv4 addresses they have, and can generate revenue for projects through sales of varying block sizes. Through E&I’s Hilco contract, members can sell or buy IPv4 block sizes of varying sizes as needed. Transactions are conducted on Hilco’s online platform or through private negotiations by their brokerage business. Their online IPv4 auction marketplace has been providing a streamlined process for IPv4 transactions with straightforward terms since 2014.
- Brokerage fees provided at special discounted rates for E&I members
- Assists with Regional Internet Registry (RIR) transfers, which refers to transferring IPv4 addresses to a specific recipient
- Auctions have specific end-dates and may include “buy now” options — which means they’re offered at a fixed price
- Hilco’s brokerage business selectively sources qualified sellers or buyers for private, confidential transactions
- Flexible, cost-effective leasing opportunities preserve cashflow and offer a wide variety of price and term options
Why Hilco Streambank?
- Continually handles IPv4 address block sales and purchases for higher education, K-12, major telecoms, cloud services firms, ISPs, and Fortune 100 companies worldwide
- Assists in negotiating and drafting transaction documents, offers complimentary escrow services, and facilitates IP transfers at the relevant RIR(s)
- Dedicated to reliable, transparent service: publishing online marketplace sales information gives buyers and sellers real transaction data to help with decision-making
- Platform open to qualified users only: applicants carefully vetted per legal and RIR requirements
- Maximum bid function service helps bidders establish a purchase price ceiling and automatically increases a buyer’s bid in response to higher bids
- Offers numerous additional services: works with you on strategies to maximize value, ensure confidentiality, structure the deal, and more
More InformationIf you would like more information, submit this form and your E&I Member Representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Getting Started with the E&I Hilco Streambank Contract
Complete the Letter of Participation to sign up for our Hilco Streambank contract.