|RFP or Project Number - Name:
683523 - Online Proctoring & Anti-Plagiarism Software Solutions & Integration Services
|Contract Effective Dates:
09/01/2020 - 08/31/2025
Ouriginal is an educational technology company providing an industry-leading text similarity detection and plagiarism prevention solution to secondary and higher education institutions worldwide.
Plagiarism is a serious problem for educational institutions around the globe and compromises academic integrity. Ouriginal’s cost-effective, cloud-based plagiarism prevention system is fully automated and utilizes advanced machine learning to deliver unparalleled accuracy. A text-matching system is combined with author metrics for the ultimate originality check. Ouriginal’s algorithm automatically scans billions of texts quickly and reliably, and their software works with all common file formats. A comprehensive plagiarism report provides members with detailed results quickly and easily.
Ouriginal’s flexible plagiarism detection solution integrates seamlessly into your current workflow, whether through a learning management system (LMS) or standalone. The system works with major LMSs, including Canvas, D2L’s Brightspace, Google Classroom, and Moodle, as well as the Microsoft Teams communication platform.
- Preferred contract pricing for E&I members.
- All-inclusive pricing model for system integration, training, ongoing support, data transfer, and enhancements.
- Cloud-based architecture—Microsoft Azure.
- Three decades of combined strengths, experience, and expertise in plagiarism detection for education from the merger of two leading providers: Urkund and PlagScan.
- Author metrics create student profiles; the system automatically checks to ensure all metrics match the original profile, easily detecting ghostwriting, essay mills, etc.
- Compliant with Section 508 Standards requiring a fully-accessible solution for all students, faculty, and administration.
- Full compliance with strict GDPR data privacy requirements protecting the intellectual property of students and instructors.
- Best-in-class solution employed by thousands of educational institutions worldwide.
- Substantial cost savings through the E&I contract.
- No hidden fees: pricing model is unique in the industry.
- Results generated quickly: typically in less than 5 minutes.
- Highly scalable solution: 1,000+ institutions and 1M+ students added simultaneously.
- Foremost education provider in Europe, usage growing exponentially by educational institutions throughout the U.S.
- Fully reliable, flexible solution optimized for Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Guidelines.
The system integrates with major LMSs and communication platforms, including: