2020 Results Presented During Annual Stockholders’ Meeting
Jericho, N.Y. – E&I Cooperative Services (E&I), the only member-owned, non-profit procurement cooperative focused exclusively on higher education, recently held its annual Stockholders’ Meeting via virtual conference. Year-end financial results for the Cooperative were presented along with the results of its Board of Directors election.
The following 2020 financial and performance results were shared:
- Member purchases exceeded $2.2 billion
- The Board voted to return $2.4 million to members in the form of patronage refunds
- E&I rolled out 27 new contracts, including six COVID-specific agreements
- E&I launched a new service – Strategic Spend Assessments- aimed at helping E&I members reduce costs, bring more spend under contract, and maximize efficiencies
- The Cooperative underwent a reorganization to support a new focus on three main areas: strengthening its contract portfolio, rapidly expanding diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to transparency and good governance.
Elizabeth Moss, Esq., CPPO, Executive Director of Procurement & Strategic Sourcing at University of Maryland, Baltimore County and this year’s Teller of Ballots, announced the results of the Board of Directors election. E&I members voted three new members to the Board:
- Kimberly Dulaney, Chief Procurement Officer at Radford University
- Christina Lo, Director of Strategic Sourcing & Contracts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Jana Thompson, Director of Procurement & Continuous Improvement at the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks campus
Additionally, the following incumbent directors were re-elected:
- Kevin Maloney, retired Director of Strategic Sourcing & PantherExpress System Solutions at the University of Pittsburgh
- Ron Moraski, Vice President of Procurement Services at Columbia University
“Throughout 2020 we provided solutions aimed at helping our members procure goods and services needed during the pandemic, and focused on developing a clear strategy for E&I to grow the value of the services that we offer to members into the future. We restructured the organization to support that new strategy,” E&I CEO Eric Frank said. “Additionally, we made substantial strides on board, staff, and supplier diversity while simultaneously improving transparency and good governance. I am incredibly proud of our accomplishments and look forward to continuing our momentum in 2021.”
About E&I Cooperative Services
E&I Cooperative Services (E&I) is the only member-owned, non-profit procurement cooperative focused exclusively on higher education. E&I delivers unsurpassed value to members through a broad portfolio of competitively solicited contracts, technology-enabled procurement solutions, and consultative engagements. The Cooperative’s strategic spend assessments enable members to make informed, analytics-driven decisions to capture more spend. By working together with industry-leading suppliers, E&I provides an exceptional member experience. For more information, please visit www.eandi.org.
Nicole Katz, Senior Manager, Marketing Content & Communications
E&I Cooperative Services
631.630.8294 | email@example.com