|RFP or Project Number - Name:
683484 - MRO Supplies - Grainger
|Contract Effective Dates:
01/01/2020 - 12/31/2024
Due to increased shipping costs related to supply chain and logistics challenges, Grainger is implementing a surcharge on the following order types effective September 1, 2021:
- Hazmat: $30
- Special Handling: $20
- Oversized orders: $119
Please Note: If more than one of these charges applies to an order, only the greater charge will be assessed to the total. For example, if the order includes Oversized and Hazmat, only the Oversized amount of $119 will be charged. Similarly, if the order includes Hazmat and requires Special Handling, only the $30 Hazmat fee will apply.
The E&I Grainger contract delivers the greatest overall value for educational institutions. Offering more than 1.7 million products in over 32 maintenance, repair, and operational (MRO) categories, Grainger leads the industry in being one source for all your MRO needs. E&I members benefit from Grainger’s deep expertise in products and services while gaining efficiencies when leveraging the company’s supply chain.
With over $1.3 billion in U.S. inventory, Grainger ensures E&I members have the products they need, when they need them. Grainger’s 14 distribution centers and 250 U.S. branch locations shape their inventory based on member needs for same-day availability. Members also have access to an additional 5 million unique and difficult-to-obtain products.
- 35 aggressive category discounts & 45 sub-category discounts
- Key product core market basket comprised of commonly used items by educational institutions
- Ability to develop an institutional hot list of up to 1,000 additional items
- Grainger Choice Exclusive Products at additional discounts
- Exclusive E&I member financial incentives: Top tier, Growth, E-commerce, Sustainability
This competitively solicited contract was created to meet the specific needs of E&I members. Here is how Grainger is dedicated to serving member institutions:
- More than 560 Grainger Account Reps to help members meet specific needs
- Specialized E&I Customer Service Team offers dedicated support
- Access to Grainger’s focused Distributor Alliance (supplier diversity) Program
- E-commerce and digital platforms that are easy to search, navigate, and compare
- Best-in-class KeepStock Inventory Management solutions
- Comprehensive Services offering: learn about the Grainger Services Business Advantage
- Prompt payment discounts and consignment agreements
- Specific Programs/Solutions to keep students and faculty healthy, safe and secure
- Quantified cost reduction and analyses
This contract was the result of a competitive solicitation based on E&I RFP #683484 for Maintenance Repair & Operations (MRO) Supplies & Other Related Products & Services.